2. Collecting Personal Information About You
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions or as otherwise authorized by the Privacy Act. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon your relationship with us including the type of products and services we provide to you or purchase from you. However, it may include:
- Information you give us when you request a product or service from us or enter one of our competitions or surveys. This information will include your name, address and contact details;
- Information you give us when you provide a product or service to us;
- Credit related information necessary to assess applications for credit and personal guarantees;
- Records of communications between us and you (including monitoring and recording of telephone communications for quality and record-keeping purposes); and
- If you have or had one of our products, information you have provided about the use of that product or your opinions about that product;
- We may also collect personal information about you from third parties including related companies, credit reporting agencies, your agents or representatives and publicly available sources of information;
- If you apply for a position with us, we may collect your personal information from third parties such as recruitment service providers, referees, former employers, educational institutions and, if appropriate, health and psychometric testing providers and police. We may use that personal information to assess suitability for positions with The LAD and to make contact about relevant position;
- If the information sought is not provided, we may not be able to provide products or services to you, or otherwise interact with you, effectively or at all.
3. Using And Disclosing Your Personal Information
We respect your privacy. Any personal information which we collect about you will only be used for the purposes for which it is collected or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act. In some circumstances we may use or disclose personal information to improve our products or services, including our websites, or to provide you with information about products and services offered or distributed by us.
We sometimes share your personal information with:
- providers of mail house, credit reporting agencies, debt collection, legal advisory, accounting, business consulting, banking, payroll, surveillance, archiving, delivery, training, security, data processing and other services, including such parties based overseas;
- your representatives including your legal advisers and unions;
- if you apply for a position with us, providers of recruitment, health and psychometric testing services and your educational institutions, referees and former employers;
- parties involved in a purchase or prospective purchase of any part of our business.
When we no longer require personal information for any of the purposes for which it was collected we will, subject to any on-going legal requirements to retain it, take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
4. Protecting your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. These steps include confidentiality obligations on our staff and use of security measures for access to our computer systems.
5. Access To Your Personal Information
You can request access to personal information that we hold about you. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as practicable. Requests for a large amount of information, or information which is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. You may be required to pay a reasonable charge to access your personal information. If you request us to do so we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we disagree with you about the accuracy completeness or currency of a record of your personal information held by us, and if you ask us to record your request, we will take reasonable steps to associate a statement to that effect with the relevant record.
7. Who To Contact
If we become aware of any concerns or problems with information held by us, we will take these issues seriously and work to address them. If you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, or have a question or complaint, please contact us at:
The LAD Website Services Pty Ltd
PO Box 582 Greensborough Victoria 3088
Ph: (03) 9467 3599